"My Grade $4 the Day" is a 10 year anthology of poetry by
C. Alexander. It also happens to be his first book.
In honor of community, the following is available as an opportunity for interactive spending when purchasing the book:
ADDITIONAL RULES / CONDITIONS
- Any person purchasing "My Grade $4 the Day" online must fill out a separate Voter ID Request Form to have his/her ONE vote counted towards a preferred initiative. For details on how to receive your Voter ID for an online purchase, CLICK HERE. If we fail to receive an inquiry as to placing a vote within 30 days of purchasing online, the buyer surrenders his/her right to vote for a specific initiative. The vote will then be passed on to the preference of the Author of this book (i.e. C. Alexander will put your vote towards any currently listed initiative he wishes).
- Persons who purchase either version of the book (physical copy OR electronic) are entitled to make additional votes for $5.00 a piece as long as the vote is accompanied by an official Voter ID.
- Persons who purchase both versions of "My Grade $4 the Day" (physical copy AND electronic) are entitled to make additional votes for $2.50 a piece. In order to have your Voter ID marked as a party which may vote at the discounted rate, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your second purchase receipt to prove ownership of both versions.
- There is no limit for number of votes someone with an official Voter ID may cast. In addition, Voters are in no way obligated to vote for the same initiative each time. In fact, the whole point is for all of us to learn about other people's interests!!!
- The only restriction on type of initiative which may enter the contest is that the initiative may not violate the rights or support hatred or violence against any group or individual beings (on Planet Earth or beyond). Otherwise, the type of initiative which may receive The Collective's GRAND PRIZE is open to your imagination, as this is a community-based experiment. That is to say, the initiative you suggest as part of your vote can be as specific as building a tree house in your neighborhood park to as general as a donation to Red Cross, and is NOT limited to non-profit or charity work (i.e. if you can convince people to vote for a scholarship to help pay for college tuition, that is okay too)!
- All initiatives will receive an additional 10 votes the first time they are mentioned during the submission process (so in the case of the Red Cross example, the first party to list "Red Cross - General Donation" will get the 1-2 votes [depending on book version purchased] PLUS the standard "first-mention" 10 vote award, thus equaling no more than 12 for any first-time submission).
- Initiatives receiving 25 votes or more will be shown on this website with their own information page for others to review/consider.
- On Sunday, March 15, 2015, online voting will be taken down and all votes tallied.
- Winning recipient of this initiative for initiatives (THE COLLECTIVE) will be announced on this site's main-page no later than Monday, April 6, 2015.
- The winning initiative will receive ALL proceeds (GRAND PRIZE) raised from this online poll MINUS the original $1,554.78 start-up cost required to print & distribute the first 100 Special Edition copies of "My Grade $4 the Day".
- If you feel weary about the chance for embezzlement during the course of this exciting competition, official sales reports from the distributor - BLURB, will be posted on the 10th day of each month. Documentation for the sake of transparency can be found HERE.
* DISCLAIMER *
At the time of this contest, Controlthefind.org acts merely as a retainer for community funds. We are not yet registered as a 501(c) non-profit, so unfortunately, NO submissions can be claimed as a tax-deductible charity donation. The only way you may claim such a deduction is if the GRAND PRIZE goes to an officially registered non-profit organization on April 6, 2015. In addition, Controlthefind.org assumes NO responsibility in reporting taxes for the winning party and is NOT liable to any legal action arising from misappropriation of funds once the award is transferred.